Tuesday, November 29, 2005

hypnotizin' boogie



The spinning and twisting has started early this year, the always hilarious, christmas tree, holiday tree debate has begun in earnest. Every year at this time, I become even more irritable than my natural state. Every year I try to avoid the christian rituals, and every year I'm told that Christmas isn't about Christianity anymore, oh yes it is. By December 26 I'm so tired of having Christianity shoved down my throat, I'm ready to throttle the infant jesus in his swaddling clothes.

Woke up this morning in the throes of an unpleasant nightmare, a rare thing for me, my life is a waking nightmare, so it's rare that my subconcsious can come up with anything that can surprise me.


The ungodly fog has given way to an unpleasant damp. This is the problem with November in Vancouver, it's a remarkably unpleasant month. By the time December rolls around I'm ready to start making out with a pistol, playing Puccini and draping myself in silk.

However, like clockwork the first of december rolls around and everything turns out to be allright. This years physical exertion orgasm will take place around mid january. The ice climbing extravaganza was cancelled last year, due to...you guessed it....fog.


A spot of classic rock on the music box this morning, nostalgia overcame and I put on the travelling wilburys. Something about the dark mystic weather this morning required Roy Orbison's voice, a man taken from us much too young.

The week has an optimistic air, an old friend arrives into the vicinity today. Someone I haven't seen in a few years. She's been a good friend, however she continues to attempt to draw me back into a lifestyle I left years ago, a life of high pay, adventure, and a complete moral vacuum.

No comments: