Friday, November 25, 2005




The fog has finally lifted, and the grim task of calculating the aftermath can begin. Being able to finally see the horizon clearly is a relief. However, sometimes having one's vision impaired means you can't see the danger coming. That's how I'm feeling today.

Watching the newsfeeds burn this morning, one story grabs my eye. Paul Hellyer, who was minister of defence under Trudeau, has called for a committee to be struck that would examine how the canadian government would deal with extraterrestrials should they land. He also believes that extraterrestrials have already arrived, and are among us. As if I didn't have enough to worry about already, now you're throwing aliens in the mix. And people wonder why I'm tired all the time.

A disrupted day off today, I loathe staggered days off, I never quite relax as much as I should. The reality is, I need the two days off in a row to properly decompress, otherwise my agitation doesn't fade properly. The weekly sports orgasm is taking place in town on Sunday which means the neighbourhood will be filled with overweight, middle aged men reliving their past glories as obnoxious bachelors. Not realizing that paunches, grey hair, and wrinkles are not that attractive they will attempt to slap and tickle their way into any bed they can find. Alas, no women are safe.

No comments: