Tuesday, November 22, 2005

I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me, than a full frontal lobotomy




Day 4 of this sinister fog. Not sure when it's going to end, last night, sitting in the bunker, I saw dogs with glowing red eyes running off into the wilderness carrying screaming children in their teeth. Things are definitely awry.

It's interesting living in an emotional vacuum, life is neither highs nor lows but a constant level passing. Some people describe their lives as a roller coaster, I think mine is more like the log plume. Things go along quietly, admiring the trees and the animatronic Elk, then Whammo, crashing to earth in a splash, accompanied by screams of terror.

Listening to Mancini on the music box this morning, feel like I should be wearing the fedora and trench coat, or perhaps a smoking jacket. Things are cool here in the bunker, despite the eerie weather outside. Fog is a useful weapon in armed combat, if one has the knowledge of the terrain, a sneak attack can be launched wiping out an opponent. One wonders if that's what we're in for.

Seeking counsel from the weather wizards provides no consolation, this pall is supposed to last to tomorrow afternoon. There are rumours of a sun making it's appearance. I'm not sure I'll be able to deal with the sun this week. I'm running behind on movies to see, my newly purchased copies of sunset boulevard, and Mr. Smith goes to washington are sitting on the shelf. Capra, although a maudlin interepreter of the world was a brilliant emotional puppet player, his films suck you in. Billy Wilder on the other hand, was a brutal man, with all the emotional subtlety of a jackhammer. When one needs a laugh, some like it hot fits the bill.

I can't remember the last time I laughed out loud in a genuine surprised fashion, I've smirked, giggled, and grinned, but out loud laugh, that's been awhile.

No comments: