Sunday, November 13, 2005




Things are going badly in the bunker this morning, the paper was delivered, wet. The first attempt at doing the crossword puzzle ended in expletives. I feel there's nothing to do, but wait until the coffee finishes and just stare out the window.

Back to work yesterday after a 3 day holiday. Going back to work after an absence, even a short one of 3 days, can be a disturbing experience, shocking to the inner psyche. Things are no different to your correspondent.

Apparently the riots in France have started again. I've started receiving word that the events that led to the initial rioting were indeed not as straightforward as the french Gendarmes would have had us believe.

In fact, it now appears that indeed what the youth have been saying all along about these kids being chased onto a construction site, may have been a more accurate description. A video is circulating, a description of which was read to your faithful scribe, describes eyewitness testimony from adults, and other uninterested parties verifying the youth's story.

As I get older my cynicsm towards official accounts becomes more pronounced. This is the opposite of most people, who tend to, as they get older, become more trusting of official accounts, and less trusting of youth.

I'm grateful for one fact, the riots appear to be contained to Europe. I'm not sure how I would react if they moved here, if I would participate, close the curtains to the bunker and peer out the window, or run and hide, carrying a large flashlight, and a sidearm.

No comments: