Thursday, November 17, 2005




Health issues are wearing on your faithful scribe this morning. Two blackouts in the past 26 hours. My hope is they will stop.

Perhaps it's my brain telling me to stop working. An absence of passion in my life has thrust me for the past week into a world devoid of emotion, Mankind is designed to be a balance of left and right brain thinking, and I've been solely devoted to the right brain for the past while. Careful to evade any emotional provocation due to my fragile state, I appear to be suffering a form of withdrawal. I guess as with any case of withdrawal, I'll eventually get over it. Hopefully life will be better afterwards. I'm not optimistic however.

Thinking a lot about right and left brain thinking the past few days. Been listening to Glenn Gould the past few evenings, a socially awkward man, nearly to the point of autism, who played piano like an angel sent to earth with a heavy overcoat and gloves. His right and left brain were competely seperate from each other. Sometimes I envy that. It would have made my life a lot easier if my hemispheres could act independent of each other instead of having to interact, would have made me a much better writer.

The past couples of weeks have been an emotional detox for me. Like any addict, the detox I'm sure will be appreciated once the agony is over, right now it sucks, and I didn't want it to happen in the first place. If I start proselityzing someone come to the bunker and shoot me in the forehead.

No comments: