Thursday, December 01, 2005

Excitable boy they all said




An uneasy calm in the bunker this morning. The coffee is brewing, the cigarettes are on fire but things seem to be on the verge of....something.

Spending the day wandering around the city on foot yesterday, today heading over to the island for the day I'm reconnecting with the city I call home. This often happens when showing the place to people who are visiting. Especially when one is visiting from a place that is notoriously flat.

An evening spent drinking fine scotch, and smoking cigars from forbidden countries, talking about the world, and generally all global problems were solved with increasing ease as the liquor took more and more effect.

Normally dressing is an easy process for me, jeans and t-shirts, however when one is travelling with a companion of the opposite sex, even one who carries a pistol to work on a daily basis, suddenly all of my choices come into question. I've been made aware in the past ten minutes of the horror of wearing white socks in December, who knew, apparently everyone except me.

No comments: