Monday, December 05, 2005

I can see for miles



A time change here in the bunker, I'm working the overnight shift tonight, starting at 11:15. I don't think I've pulled an allnighter in almost 12 years. There is one thing that's certain, I'm going to need new shoes, I've had extraordinary leg pain for the past two days, which I'm blaming on poor cobbling. One cannot possibly focus on anything but the fear when one is in extraordinary pain.

A tad angry this morning, so The Who is playing on the music box. I'm not sure why I'm angry. Perhaps, it's the headlines. Iran is apparently of the verge of nuclear weapons. Maybe it's the photographs of planes used to transport people to US torture centres refueling at canadian airports. Maybe it's the suddenly empty apartment after having a visitor for a week.

There's an old Public Image Limited song, Rise, in which the chorus repeats over and over on top of a violent guitar chord "anger is an energy". I need to harness this anger in a positive direction. Get something done. Perhaps it's the right time, there's an election going on, and I'm in a conundrum who to vote for, this is the first federal election since '93 that I'm not working on anyone's campaign. It's not because I wasn't approached, it's because I'm so very tired these days.

I'm in that weird phase before an awakening, before the spiritual coffee kicks in, to steal a line from my introduction.

No comments: