Saturday, December 24, 2005

Shadow on the wall




The choir of the apocalypse is singing this morning, and I couldn't be more terrified. This season always fills me with unease, I'm isolated from society because I don't celebrate the yuletide. People continue to wish me a merry christmas, despite the fact that I don't celebrate the season. They mean well, and I don't intend to sound irritated but it happens anyway.

The growing civil rights violations in the states have me increasingly concerned, word comes now that mosques have been under increased monitoring for radiation levels. I'm not surprised that these things have happened, what concerns me is that it's become public knowledge, paired with the complete lack of indignation. Perhaps it's the season, and people don't want to get involve in politics at this time of year.

Where is the outrage, that's a question I seem to ask myself more and more with each passing year. Every year, bit by bit, the world is becoming increasingly like the roman empire, and year after year there is no indignation at the eroding liberties we've enjoyed. I never thought I would regard privacy as a liberty, but it becomes more difficult to maintain relationships with people that are not public knowledge.

I'm a private person, always have been. My back story is noone's business, my future story is another matter. All of my actions now and in the future are logged catalogued and referenced to profile me.

No comments: