Friday, December 02, 2005

there are two kinds of limbo, a good one, and one that requires liquor



I have in the bowels of the music collection a variety of albums of novelty music. One of my favourites is "The Twist with Ray Anthony and his bookends" put out in 1956. You cannot have a bad day when you're playing the Bunny Hop Twist.

However, I've discovered that some people don't appreciate the twist before they've had their coffee. In fact I have someone glaring at me right now who feels that my pre-dawn taste in music is not only annoying, but downright disturbing.

My attempts to explain myself are falling on deaf ears. The music has changed to Grieg, Now that's depressing music, best for funerals and moments of deep contemplation when good feelings will be a distraction.

No comments: