Friday, October 28, 2005

twisted like a pretzel

A rough night sleeping. This is how bad things are, I live alone in the bunker and yet, for the past two nights I've been tossed out of bed and had to sleep on the couch. looooooong story.

The weekend, all too brief this week, and I've accomplished little to nothing of what I wanted to accomplish. The pile of newspapers on the kitchen table is as daunting as ever. Things are pretty tense here in the bunker today, the date for revitalizing the survival kit is rapidly approaching. Some people celebrate anniversaries or weddings, I celebrate the day I have clean out and replace the items in my survival kit.

I invite people over, we dispose of the canned items, and replace the batteries after a conga line procession, it's all very elaborate and choreagraphed.

The days are growing shorter, the darkness surrounding me like a cool wet blanket, oddly unfamiliar and uncomfortable.

No comments: