Saturday, October 29, 2005

The feeds are burning this morning with the tail of a man named Scooter. The day is not going to go well, when the first person I hear of is a grown man who not only answers to the name Scooter, but has not insisted that the media NOT call him scooter.

I was able to sleep horizontally last night, and the world seems marginally better this morning. My body is no longer bent and broken, just my view of the world.

Spent yesterday afternoon immersing myself in punk songs from the seventies, starting with the sex pistols, moving to the Clash, and ending the day before work with a smattering of the buzzcocks. Not really sure it's healthy to listen to a song called "orgasm addict" but there you go. This all started with a quest to find the "Batman" theme by the jam. Neil Hefti, the man who wrote Batman, and the green hornet themes was the master of adrenalin themes. I know what you're thinking, wasn't the green hornet theme the flight of the bumblebee? Yes, Yes it was, but that arrangement was done by Hefti.

Picked up a new book on the way to work yesterday, a book about Samurai warriors. Not sure what possesed me, maybe it was the pretty colours on the cover. Perhaps, it was the notion of lone man travelling the countryside with a sword, righting wrongs, and then vanishing into the woods that draws me in. one never knows, I may read this book and think "these guys were nuts".

Asian culture and tradition has always held a great attraction for me, much to the dismay of two very white, very anglo saxon parents. In particular the chinese culture, there's a sense of honour and mutual respect that certainly does not exist in our culture. Does it have some major flaws, oh yes.

No comments: