Monday, October 24, 2005

six hours after

Six hours since my last post and I'm not feeling better. The feed lines are screaming about Hurricane Wilma, I'm going to wait until I have my coffee before I attempt to read the news. I've heard from Cancun, and aside from some major property damage, everyone is physically well.

Sitting here in the pitch darkness, I'm feeling uneasy, the Childs bunker is in a state of high alert this morning, awaiting whatever chaos the week will throw at me.

Major upheavals in the schedule are happening this week, Friday is the new monday and Tuesday is the new Friday. People wonder why I medicate heavily. Barry White is spinning on the disc player this morning, not sure what brought that on, but that's where the fingers danced to this AM.

However, even the soothing sounds of Mr. White can do little to calm the dancing gremlins between my ears. The gremlins are a little more jittery than normal, perhaps in anticipation of what's in the news. A corrupt government that's the lesser of two evils on a federal basis, a provincial government so governed by the dogma of monetarism that any sort of human element has been completely removed from the equation of governing. Reading Plato is a good refresher in the importance of human element, the word democracy, at it's very root means "people power" it is simply not an economic determiner. This Campbell government has been so sterile, so surgically cold, so devoid any compassion, it makes the Christian right wing governments south of the border look compassionate by comparison. The only thing we lack up here is the christian social engineering element.

No comments: