Thursday, October 20, 2005

my thoughts revolve around music this morning. My fingers gravitated to Vivaldi in the CD rack this morning. I've always enjoyed Vivaldi and always thought he never got the credit he deserved. When you ask people what composers they like, you always get Mozart, Beethoven, Bach, but never Vivaldi.

I always thought Vivaldi was one of the more upbeat composers. Mahler makes me want to french kiss a pistol. Wagner was just too....violent for me, mind you there are days that I wake up in the bunker and Wagner is just the thing to set the mood for the chaos taking place outside my window.

My day is going to spent in front of the computer, having spent time yesterday recording musical tracks, I'm going to attempt to mix them into something that I can listen to. This piece of music will be mine, I recorded the music, I'm going to mix it, it came from my brain. I fully intend to make sure that no human ears other than mine ever hear it. I want one piece of creativity that exists solely for me. This may sound unusual but it makes sense to me, there are two types of cultural experience, communal and intimate. I'm going to make this intimate solely for me, I want noone else in the history, present and future of this hurtling sphere to ever hear this music other than myself.

No comments: