Tuesday, October 25, 2005

I've been reading a lot of Conrad the past few days, I often wonder why, a polish merchant seaman who didn't learn english until his mid twenties is most artful master of the english language.

That being said, I've received some unsolicited feedback on this little journal, I was told to be a little less depressing, and perhaps a little more descriptive. Being referred to take a look at some other online journals, I discovered a lot of them revolve around talking about TV shows, movies or news. With all due respect, I couldn't imagine anything more boring than reading about the passive activities of another person. This journal is very much an internal affair, it's whats going on between my ears. The most interesting place in anyone's life is what's going on in their brain. Our culture is ever more, the one of the observer, not the participant. Reality shows, game shows, all present other people doing interesting things.

When did our culture become so passive, is this a new thing or is it a new development? I noticed a few years ago, the term interactive was all the rage. That seems to have faded away.

No comments: