Saturday, October 22, 2005

songs of the doomed

The screams of the doomed were punctuated by the howls of the damned this morning. Apparently it was rubbish collection day, and I've forgotten completely. 8:00 this morning the maw of Hades was screaming and howling as several men, who thought their life would have a different meaning emptied a large container filled with garbage into a truck.

Having achieved emotional finality in one chapter of my life has done nothing to help the feeling of uneasiness I feel in my life these days, if anything, it has made the confusion a more certain fact of life. As the Gods prepare to punish the southern United States again this morning with a hurricane named Wilma preparing to crash into the panhandle I'm contemplating whether or not that these truly are the Christian "end of days", certainly if I were god fearing Christian, I would have every reason to believe that Jesus was coming back. Having read the sermon on the mount, which is the only recorded speech by Jesus, I think that the so called Christian Right Wing are in trouble. The United States right wing is perhaps guilty of almost every directive in the sermon on the mount. The US as a culture, with exceptions (don't write, I've included your example in the exceptions okay?) is empty, vacuous and devoid of meaning. With the exception of the culture of the doomed.

The United States has the uncommon distinction of having it's most oppressed being it's most creative. In the late eighties, rap was a singular new voice in music, the greatest new creative force since the birth of Rock 'n' Roll in the fifties. However, having seen their was cash to be made has made rap music the bastard son of what it once was.

No comments: