Thursday, January 26, 2006

No man is justified in doing evil on the ground of expediency.

Theodore Roosevelt





I'm deep in the grip of the Fear, the NASCAR fan in the oval office had a press conference this morning and I've rarely if ever seen such a flippant display in my life. That man's arrogance is beyond confidence, it's verging on zealotry. Watching him duck and weave questions, he had the gaul to say that spying on citizens was actually protecting civil liberties.

"The program's legal, it's designed to protect civil liberties, and it's necessary,"

If you can wrap your brain around that logic, write to me because it makes absolutely no sense. I can usually grasp some circular logic, but this to me is beyond the pale. Here's my take on it "we're violating civil liberties in order to protect them". Apparently Bush is practicing oncological politics, destroy the organ in order to preserve it.

Years ago, after the Bush inauguration (I hesitate to call it a victory) I heard the bush team referred to as "true believers". I'm beginning to understand what that truly meant now. These people along with the hangers on, Robertson, Dobson, Reed, etc honestly believe that they are on the side of good and right and can do no wrong.

No comments: