Wednesday, November 29, 2006




“Life is one long process of getting tired.”
Samuel Butler


The bunker serves as a strong barrier to the elements outside. Sometimes, however, it's not strong enough. The outside world has a way of conspiring to sneak up and attack me.

As I huddle in the corner, awaiting what tragedy will befall me next, I'm gripped by the images that scream from the magic box. Much wrist wringing and wailing about whether on not to call the horror in Iraq a "civil war" or not. When assorted groups are isolated by religion, location, or ideology and are all seeking control of the government, it's a civil war.

As I pull my slippers tighter onto my feet, I have to wonder why it's taken 3 and a half years to summon up the truth to call this civil war, what it is.

No comments: