Tuesday, November 28, 2006




I'm blind with a furious anger this morning. After a shift from hell, I get stuck at work for another 8 and a half, when some idiot decides that his inability to manage his personal life is reason enough to fuck with my life, and my health.

If an individual chooses a free wheeling lifestyle, in which they abuse their own body in ways they see fit, fine, I don't care. When your abusive lifestyle affects me, then you have a problem that is no longer your own business.

My libertarian bent prevents me from doing any more than just shaking my head when I hear about people putting chemicals into their bodies as long as they have "eyes wide open" I'm hardly one to complain. However, when that choice means you miss a shift, which is unable to be filled requiring that I, who has made a choice to live a reasonably healthy lifestyle (coffee and cigarettes notwithstanding)then you empower me to complain. When you make a decision to remove tools that will assist me in doing that job, out of spite, creating work for at least 4 other individuals, then you have a problem which is no longer your own. Your choices, as I see them, leave, or suck it up and just do your job with respect to your co-workers. You have a problem with your employer, fine, take it up with them, but don't fuck with the people who just want to come in, do their jobs and go home. Your mood swings, which I suspect are exacerbated by chemical abuse, should not be the barometer by which other people enjoy their shifts.

A professional would come in every day, do their job to their best of their ability with the resources they have available. A professional, would only complain upwards in the management chain about problems with the tools they have available. A professional would address problems with their co-workers with their co-workers and not immediately go running to management to report problems. A professional does not "investigate" short comings by co-workers and report those to management, ESPECIALLY, in a unionized workplace. A professional does not attempt to shock his co-workers by sharing his chemical and sexual exploits in graphic detail with his co-workers.

A professional does not do the things above, and then complain about the resources not provided by his employer. You want to be treated like a professional, act like one.

No comments: