Monday, November 20, 2006

Beaten up

I'm feeling like I've been through the wringer this morning. Things are reasonably quiet here in the bunker, and the weather is reasonably cooperative.

The coffee still tastes horrible, and we're supposed to keep boiling our water until the end of the week. It's amazing how sensitive we are to these things, evidently at a cost-co or some such store, people were hoarding water, as soon as it was being put on the shelves, it was being taken off by the caseload.

Alas, the only people who should be panicking about this are the immune impaired. I take reasonable precautions, I do boil my water, and I filter it, but, and this is a large but, I'm not going to freak out about this.

I have come to a realization about how much water I use on a given day, which I hadn't come to appreciate before this. Every time I cook, 3 times a day, I'm using litres of water. I'm using another few litres when I was the dishes, another few pailfulls when I shower, shave, and brush my teeth. I had always considered myself a bit of a water miser, but the reality is, I'm just as bad.

No comments: