Saturday, September 17, 2005

sadness

I'm rapidly approaching the age of 40, 36 years old. I'm single with no prospects on the horizon. There are times when I enjoy my solitude, in fact most times I enjoy it. However, this morning I woke up really wishing there was someone in the bed next to me. Maybe it's age because it's no longer a sexual thing, I just wished I had someone to talk about what was going on in the paper, someone to help me pick the movie at night, someone to complain about how I make the coffee too strong.

I date, however being burned repeatedly in the past I seem to choose these self destructive relationships that I know from the start are not going to be permanent. I don't think I'm a particularily difficult person to get along with, just someone who is not a racist, homophobic and has an ounce of compassion.

I have a feeling this is going to be an ongoing subject.

No comments: