Friday, September 23, 2005

Disaster Redux

I wake up this morning, and apparently the gates of hell have opened up in the southern United States. Buses filled with seniors exploding on the highway, and levees flooding open again.

One has to wonder, if there truly is a christian god, surely he or she would be doing a better job of protecting this country which proclaims itself to be built on Christian values. In the past 5 years, there have been more episodes of mass destruction man made and natural,Than I remember in my lifetime.

What is even more interesting, these disasters seem to be taking place in the most religious parts of the, the Carolinas, Alabama, Texas, Louisiana. I don't believe there is a conncection between God and these disasters, I believe it's a fluke. However if I were a religious man, I would begin to wonder if my god truly did love me if these things were going on. The deal that seems to be implicit in all religious teaching, is that if you follow the guidelines set out in the bible and fight to protect christian values, which according to some of these yahoos involves persecuting gay people and shoving the ten commandments down everyone's throat, god will protect you.

No comments: