Monday, September 26, 2005

Apocalypse?

The gates of hell opened up at 7:41 this morning, after a few months of teasing, a roofing crew has shown up to replace the tar on my ceiling.

For a few seconds, I was convinced Armageddon was upon and I was fully expecting to see the four horsemen of the apocalypse come charging out of my closet.

A group of about 12 workmen came charging across the roof, only 15 feet away from where my weary head was resting. With all the subtlety of a rhino on acid, these men started the process of ripping the existing tar off the roof.

You know the day is going to be bad when the first words out of my mouth upon waking are "yeah Gods, get the revolvers!". When my first thought of the day is, "where is the closest firearm", I know the day is not going to go smoothly.

No comments: