Thursday, September 22, 2005

The Morning Coffee

For reasons known only to my brain, my body decided to wake up ridiculously early this morning. Perhaps it was the anticipation of being able to relax with a cup of good coffee and the paper, one of the few moments of true relaxation I get on a given day. Alas, I'm plagued with back spasms this morning. This is one of the strangest things about getting older, parts of myself hurt that I never realized could hurt before. I have the strangest cramp in my back, it feels much like a knot in the shape of a crucifix in the middle of my spine.

Mornings are one of the best times of the day, when one awaks there are no problems, as the day piles on, the problems build up, but for those few magical moments, there is nothing to worry about. Of course by the time I head to bed, I'm curled up in the corner, wrapped in the fetal position silently screaming.

No comments: