Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A week of taking stock it would appear is in order. Thinking about a lot of things, a lot of people.

A weird moment this past weekend, an old acquaintance's birthday popped up on my Facebook "reminder" list. Went to her page to post a birthday message to someone to be honest with you I hadn't really made a tremendous effort to stay in touch with.

Going through the old posts on her page, there was a recurring them "miss you so much" "can't believe you're gone" etc. I then realized, my friend had died a year ago, and I had no idea.

She was a young woman, only 33 when she died, I don't know the circumstances, and that's not really relevant.

1 comment:

Neil said...

That is so sad. The same happpened to me a few years back. I kind of stayed in touch with a woman I went to university with via Christmas cards. The last year I sent one, I got a letter back from her sister to say she had died 10 months before. Really shocking as the woman was in her late twenties at the time of her death... and a wonderful character as well.

Nice to meet you. Get blogging again, friend!